Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Are you or do you know of any surviving relatives of Charles Harrison? If so please contact the Administrator
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Super single outboard (Read 15782 times)
Oct 9th, 2012 at 12:54pm

toyman   Offline
YaBB Newbies

Just picked up a late super single outboard SS44021.
Any tips for a full restoration

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2012 at 8:13pm

2strokepwr   Offline
YaBB Newbies

hi toyman-just picked up the same unit looking to strip and re-build this engine managed to buy set of points and new piston rings (if required) have never worked on this unit before but should be straight forward.I strip and rebuild 2/4hp.outboards Started  as a hobby now takes up all my spare time but I enjoy it.Keep in touch if you happen to start before me I have a 4hp mercury coming to a finish and a 40hp mercury where the electrical work needs sorting out so will start the rebuild on the Anzani in the new year --2strokepwr

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 12:02am

bonervile   Offline
YaBB Newbies

hi,toy man, i have seven anzani outboard engines.all i can say is tack your time loosening and soaking in oil you may need a bit of heat from a blow lamp as i did.the bad thing is the petrol tank it rusts being metal i have solderd some..seagull tanks are brass they last longer and stay clean in side?
its when you start it.as it could be well over 40 years it has not run ..all the best from brian

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print