Please post to the appropriate section of the forum
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
anzani 400 (Read 10836 times)
Nov 14th, 2012 at 12:55pm

rdf   Offline
YaBB Newbies

i recently bought a plywood boat ,i think by broom, which has an anzani 400 outboard fitted - looks factory. Can anyone help with identifying this boat? i have been on the oliver engine site in the us and the guy there is helpful and seems to have a good selection of crossover parts from perkins models and anzani and will ship to the uk. is this 400 model rare and has anyone any info about it. apparently there is one in the motor boat museum in kent i think. any help would be appreciated .

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2012 at 8:13pm

Martin   Offline
YaBB Administrator
From the depths of East Anglia

Hello rdf and thanks for visiting the site.

The 400 is quite rare, it wasn't popular, didn't sell particularly well and proved a little unreliable (all these are opinions I've gleaned from others I hasten to add!). It's value isn't that great either. Every now and again one appears on eBay and doesn't fetch huge amounts of money - an interesting motor though which certainly has a bit of history to it that's for sure.

There is a manual for it in the documents section of the web site if you're interested.

The museum you mentioned sounds like the Powerboat Museum which was in Pitsea in Essex. This is no longer there I'm afraid - another victim of council cuts  Embarrassed

Good luck with your motor... Smiley

Martin  Cool

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print