Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Please post to the appropriate section of the forum
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
unitwin 15hp head gasket advice (Read 18346 times)
Jun 6th, 2013 at 3:35pm

dave   Offline
YaBB Newbies

hi out there,i would be grateful for some help,i have a anzani untwin 15hp in very nice condition for its age ,its only been use I freshwater,any help about finding spares,it appears the head gasket has gone,it starts runs ok for 5 mins runs badly stops and has water in the top cylinder,before trying to fix it,bolts shearing etc,does it have a head gasket?where can I get one,are both faces flat head?barrel? on some engines there are not so they can not be skimmed.not much wrong really for a 50 plus year old motor it would be nice to run it again,thanks for any help ,dave

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2013 at 5:49pm

corradillar   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Northern Ireland

Hi Dave,
I have a few Anzanis and joined this site,which doesn't seem to have many followers! Sad My advice is do what I did,join "British Seagull SOS",and search the "other outboards" page,there are fantastic blokes on there who will help you no end with advice. Smiley Now,as for your gasket,they are easily made from proper gasket paper. I made head gaskets for my Anzani racer and it works fine. Hope you join the above site,it is great! Cool
Regards,
Brian.

Remember,dust and dirt are the enemies of all moving parts,keep your motor clean and it will repay you...
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print